RUST-X Cold Zinc
Cold Zinc Galvanizing Spray is a Zinc rich, cold galvanizing coating that provides long term corrosion protection comparable to hot-dip galvanization and also due to sacrificial anodization.
Many of the metallic parts, components, and finished machines produced by the manufacturing industries may have bare metal surfaces which require to be protected until brought into use, or receive interstate protection prior to further assembly or processing. They may be finished metallic parts, which need to receive some form of protection from corrosion during shipping
or storage, or they may require some form of protection from corrosion whilst in use.
RUST-X range of sprays provide rust prevention with highly effective corrosion protection properties protecting against elements such as moisture, salt water rust and other corrosive media.
RUST-X Cold Zinc Galvanizing Spray is a Zinc rich, cold galvanizing coating that provides corrosion protection to ferrous metal surfaces. It exhibits long term corrosion protection comparable to hot-dip galvanization and also due to sacrificial an oxidization. It is also used as a touch up spray for galvanized surfaces damaged due to cutting, drilling and welding.
RUST-X Spray has a long-lasting resistance to weathering and to chemicals. it is very easy to polish. Clear Coat has a very smooth flow. It is especially used for larger surfaces (Bike & car parts).
The product has a high flash point and can be used for protection of Cold Rolled Steel, Engine Components, as well as large equipment where indoor open storages are required.
- Meets requirements of MIL & ASTM standards.
- Zinc purity >97%
- Quick dry- Dry to touch in less than 20 minutes.
- Forms a tough anti-corrosion, moisture proof, non-reactive protective coating.
- Excellent protection against corrosion.
- Outstanding weather resistance.
- Keep away from sources of heat and ignition.
- Used on damaged galvanized surfaces, steel structures,
- Cable trays, GI gratings, GI steel pipes and tubes
- Telecommunication towers
- Automobile underbodies and parts
- Off shore steel structures
- Power plant and sub-station equipment etc.
- Cold galvanization paint for metal surfaces
- Allows depositing of metallic zinc coating which protects against oxidation and corrosion
- May constitute a sub-base key for fixing lacquers
- Applied as paint onto iron, steel, galvanized sheet iron, woodwork, roof coverings, piping etc.
|Semi bright/Flat silver grey
|Drying time, to touch, min
|Drying time, to handle, min
|Drying time, to recoat, hours
|Coating thickness, single coat, microns
|Full Cure, hours
|Coverage/can, sq ft., average, 1 mil coating
|Salt Spray Corrosion (ASTM B117), hours